- 3/4 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbs tapioca powder
- 1 1/4 tsp agar powder
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp onion or garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp citric acid or sour salt
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- fresh chives, dill, caramelized onions or garlic, small diced pickles and chives – use your imagination to create flavors!
- In a vitamix or blender add all the basic ingredients, blend on high for one to two minutes or until completely smooth and creamy.
- Pour liquid into a sauce pan and heat over medium heat while stirring with a whisk until mixture is fully cooked. Approximately eight to ten minutes stirring all the time. The mixture will thicken. Turn off the heat.
- Transfer cheese into a small mold or dish and put it into the refrigerator until fully chilled and firm, like cream cheese texture. Remove ‘cheese’ from the mold, garnish and serve on bagels, crackers, baguettes or use as a spread in sandwiches.