- 2-1/2 cup organic soy or almond milk*
- 1/2 cup organic light coconut milk
- OR omit coconut milk entirely & just use 3 cups soy milk
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (optional & to taste)
- Optional: cardamom & cloves can be added for more depth of flavor, along with cinnamon sticks – use a fine mesh hand sieve to scoop out the cloves & sticks.
*Vanilla soy or almond milk can be used. Please note that soy milk has a creamier, thicker texture.
- In sauce pan over medium heat, add soy milk, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon and maple syrup — whisk and mix well until all ingredients are combined — heat on low to medium for about 5-7 mins or until hot to touch but not boiling.
- Turn off heat and taste — adjust to your taste — TIP: you can start out with 1/4 tsp ginger and 1 tbsp maple syrup, then add if you want more spice and sweetness. Serve immediately.
FYI: Turmeric has properties of being antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.